Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I am AFRICAN!

Im watching tv which seldom occurs. My wife is asleep, tired of managing the business where she is employed. Its great to be a South African, but there is alot of challenges especially if you are a "so called" coloured, also known as hotnot. The racial slurs used in the days of slavery better known as Apartheid. Alot of people do not know what my anchestors, the Khoi, had to go thru before that and up til now. The affect the Jan van Riebeecks, Verwoerds, Bothas, etc had on my people. We are judged because we are not dark enough, and that we speak Afrikaans, but no one says, "Hey! This is also their land. Their anchestors have been murdered and raped." According to some of my fellow South Africans am I and my people not African. Since we do not speak in a indegionous language. Now our youth have no direction. People do not know that the inmates at the correctional establishment is mostly "so called" coloured. What has happened to our people? Where is my people? Murdered? Living in poverty? No hope? I wonder when we will be free?

No comments:

Post a Comment